Monday, February 25, 2013

Brewery Vivant, Grand Rapids, MI.



When we tell people we recently visited this stellar brew pub in a revamped Abbey, they just assume we were recently in Europe. Belgium? France? The Netherlands?

No! Grand Rapids, Michigan! …Seriously.

Brewery Vivant was a wonderful surprise. As soon as you walk in, you are blown away by the large stained glass window towering over the uniquely shaped bar. High wood beams, light stone walls, long wooden tables and friendly Midwest faces make up this space and make it up well!

Craig started with the Vivant Flight ($10) which was delivered in 4 small snifters (Farmhand, Triomphe, Solitude and a choice of his own, North French Ale) in a wood platter. Delicious, delicious, delicious. I went straight for Hubris Belgian Quad and it kicked my butt at 11.55% abv, but was only $6! That's a big deal for a Chicagoan. Hubris was a lot in smell and taste. Thankfully, our bartender correctly instructed me to take my sweet time and savor every full drop. Mmmmmm.

I could go on and on, but instead I'll beg you to visit and make sure to get some grub too! 

Cheers,
Craig & Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment